Work with Us
Education and Outreach Coordinator
Hours: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
CMNZ is seeking an Education and Outreach Coordinator to coordinate and develop education and outreach projects as part of the overall artistic and audience development strategies. The Education and Outreach Coordinator is a member of the CMNZ Artistic Team and the position reports to the Artistic Manager.
In this important role you will:
· Coordinate and implement the annual nationwide NZCT Chamber Music Contest
· Develop and implement an annual programme of community outreach events
· Coordinate master classes and workshops/lectures
· Develop and incorporate accessibility into CMNZ programmes
· Actively contribute to the Artistic Team and CMNZ strategic goals
· You have proven successful experience in project management and administrative experience and coordination.
· You have exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills.
· You have sound understanding and familiarity with computer systems, databases and web technology.
· You have sound financial knowledge and experience in working to budget limits.
· You work effectively in small teams and contributes to a positive team environment.
· You are self-managing and motivated to succeed.
· You have knowledge or appreciation of the arts and in particular chamber/classical music.
· A tertiary qualification in music or education, or equivalent is desirable.
Chamber Music New Zealand (CMNZ) is New Zealand's leading presenter of top quality chamber music concerts. Founded in 1950, CMNZ is one of the oldest national arts organisations. We exist to engage, nurture and inspire both audiences and artists alike through a wide range of activities including an international artist touring programme and extensive community and education initiatives.
Our mission is to foster the love and understanding of music, create remarkable experiences throughout Aotearoa, share live music by solo performers and small ensembles, as well as encourage and support New Zealand performers and composers.
We have a moderate size staff which spans the country with a national office based in Wellington. You will be working with a group of highly dedicated, enthusiastic people, passionate about what they do and why they do it. It's the arts, there's plenty of character!
We are always on the lookout for new volunteers with a passion for chamber music and the arts. If you are interested in volunteering to help with our Chamber Music New Zealand concerts or the NZCT Chamber Music Contest, head over to our Volunteer Page to find out more and get in touch.
NZCT Chamber Music Contest Volunteers
We are seeking volunteers to help with this year's Auckland District Rounds (6 - 10 June). If you'd like to be part of this iconic youth event, head to our Seeking Auckland Volunteers page, and fill out the submission.