Seeking Auckland Volunteers
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help at the Auckland District Rounds of our nationwide NZCT Chamber Music Contest.
The event takes place across five days from Wednesday 6 June – Sunday 10 June 2018 at the Raye Freedman Centre in Newmarket.
Simply complete the form below by 1 June 2018 and select the roles you are interested in fufilling. Our Auckland District Contest Organiser will contact you to discuss your availability and the schedule.
Volunteer roles that we have available
All roles are straightforward and require little or no previous experience; a little common sense and a desire to help out is all you need. Lorna Wright, Auckland District Contest Organiser, is always around to help you out too.
- The central point for groups on arrival
- Collect scores for adjudicators
- Direct groups to their allocated practice rooms
- Ensure adjudicator’s have everything they need (water, pens/paper etc.)
- Pass score to adjudicators at start of each performance
- Record time of each performance
- No experience necessary; attention to detail useful
- Assist stagehand arrange chairs / music stands according to each group’s stage plan
- Give simple introduction for each group (group name & piece they’re performing)
- Some knowledge of chamber music stage setup useful
Working in partnership with the Stage Manager:
- Collect groups from their practice room to be side-stage in time for their performance
- Assist the stage manager to arrange chairs and music stands according to each group’s stage plan
- Some knowledge of chamber music stage setup useful but not necessary